Tuesday, March 9, 2021

1,000 Hours Outside - February Recap

We had quite frigid weather throughout most of February, so our 1,000 hours goal took quite a hit because we weren't able to go outside for more than two weeks.  Winter finally caught up to us here in West Michigan.

We spent 411 minutes outside in February, or about 6.85 hours.  So pitiful.

I did put together a couple of activities for the kids so that they were able to play with the snow indoors during our time of being stuck in the house.  They were a big hit and helped the time go by a little faster.

Painting snow with colored water.

We were finally able to enjoy the outdoors again towards the end of the month.  The kids had been going crazy not being able to run around outside.  The still cold but bearable weather was lovely.

The biggest snowman we made this winter.

Fortunately I was able to find new snow gear much earlier than I anticipated.  I was prepared to wait until summer garage sales to find new snow pants and coats, but I visited a thrift store in town that I hadn't been to before and they happened to have their winter clothes on sale.  I was able to find a new pair of snow pants for each of the kids for about $3 a piece, a pair of snow boots for Oliver for $4, and a coat for Adeline for about $4.  I also bought some long sleeve shirts for Oliver and a shirt for myself.

I am so thankful to have already found new winter gear that we can use until the weather warms up and hopefully use again next winter.  The kids are much cozier now when we go out to play and I think we'll be able to spend even more time outside.

No comments: